My 80 cent Meyer specials

halo

Got The Blues
14 Years
Nov 22, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I took advantage of Meyers 80 cent Cornish X special, and here they are at 6 weeks 4 days. I havent weighed them, but they are like picking up little bowling balls. They are just the most entertaining birds. They are to the point now where they lay down more than they run around,but when I throw out handfuls of scratch they come thundering. They like to get up on things and sit, but when they jump off they just splat. I may open Freezer Camp next weekend for the biggest ones. Id like to get them all done by the time they are 8 weeks.

They have always been able to run around the barn, tho I lock them up at night. They do pick at hay and grass, and like to scratch when I throw corn at them. Funny birds. I was pretty happy with these. There was one DOA, but since then they've all been just fine.

5004_meaties3.jpg

5004_meaties2.jpg

5004_meaties1.jpg

5004_meaties.jpg

Halo, I love your Sheltie, looks like one I used to have, I sure miss my old boy, he was the best dog ever.

OOH! WEIGH THEM PLEASE! PLEASE!! PRETTY PLEASE!

A friend and I split an order of the same 'specials" from meyer - same age too! She was a little heavier with the feed then I (I restrict them to like a more 8-10 hours of feed then a 12 on 12 off...I'm stingy but no leg issues yet
smile.png
) Anyways...point being...between the 2 of us, the MAX weight it 7lbs and the minimum is 5 lbs right now (she has more of the bigger birds, I have more of the smaller birds)...they are active and out in tractors (WAY too many hawks to fully risk it)....but they have been good so far!

I just GOTTA know how big yours are! i'm DYING here! Grab a scale and Share please
smile.png

thumbsup.gif
My meaties from Myers always did well. Although their fun/loving personalities did make it hard to send them to freezer camp.

It's nice to see them being able to run around like chickens outside......Sooo chubby! I can't believe they're only six weeks old! Is it normal for them to have baldness near the back area?

Back
Top Bottom