My 9 week old chicken won’t let me put her down

brittanymacitris

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2021
I rescued a chicken from a horrible situation where she was horribly neglected… she came to me with lice and mites and now has an upper respiratory infection that she is currently being treated for. The mites and lice are gone and she’s getting back to normal!
I guess my concern is she’s active and eats and drinks just fine but anytime I sit down she has to be right on my chest and she takes a nap basically all day except for a total of about an hour or two a day! (I dont know what she does when I’m not home either she roams around my house) she’s been checked out by a vet who told me about the infection and told me how to treat that. Do you think she’s acting like this because she’s sick or is it something else… I can’t even walk away without her crying and trying to find me. Bedtime is the hardest because she won’t stay in her bed without screaming h basically so i dont know what to do! Help! Sorry for the long lost thank you for reading!

I rescued a chicken from a horrible situation where she was horribly neglected… she came to me with lice and mites and now has an upper respiratory infection that she is currently being treated for. The mites and lice are gone and she’s getting back to normal!
I guess my concern is she’s active and eats and drinks just fine but anytime I sit down she has to be right on my chest and she takes a nap basically all day except for a total of about an hour or two a day! (I dont know what she does when I’m not home either she roams around my house) she’s been checked out by a vet who told me about the infection and told me how to treat that. Do you think she’s acting like this because she’s sick or is it something else… I can’t even walk away without her crying and trying to find me. Bedtime is the hardest because she won’t stay in her bed without screaming h basically so i dont know what to do! Help! Sorry for the long lost thank you for reading!
Is it just her or do you have more chicks

Back
Top Bottom