My A-frame chicken condo - first pics

mom'sfolly :

Very nice. I'm going to bookmark this thread.

I think this coop might save me more room then the other on I'm planing on.​

Quote:
Do you mean the covered section?
No, they seem to like roosting in the open more.
I live in Louisiana, our winters aren't much.

Also, I have about 25 chickens in it now, about half are bantams.

Here are some pics of the inside:

Roosting poles can be easily stuck through the wire

22078_dsc_1297.jpg

Or screwed to the side boards

22078_dsc_1295.jpg

Mounted a double nest box to the slanted wall, one on each side.
I have several cochins, and they prefer to cuddle up and sleep either on the bench on the back wall, or yes, on the ground!

22078_dsc_1294.jpg

Very nice job.What kind of predators?Do they dig?If so you will need to put an apron of wire around the bottom outside of your pen.They say to bury it,but I lay mine right on top of the lawn and let the grass grow threw. lay it down and flatten it out as best you can so you can cut the grass with your mower without hitting the wire.I hold it down with tent stakes.It's a lot easier then digging down 1 foot and out 2 feet.Most digging predators will start to dig at the base of the pen and will not move back to continue digging,so you will need at least 2 feet of apron.
In N.H.,Tony.

Quote:
Good idea. I may do that this spring. No, I haven't had any digging predators yet. Minks are great at this, and I did lose three ducks from them. I could tell because there necks were bitten off. The problems I've had were raccoons and foxes which literally tore through the chicken wire. However, they're not gonna tear through 1 x 1 welded wire!

What is the deal showing pics with green grass!?!?
tongue.png
My yard is nothing but mud and ice. Nice coop by the way. You gonna shingle the roof metal or paint?

jeremy

Back
Top Bottom