My Adventures With Pheasants

I'll get some pictures this evening when I get home
smile.png

I'm really enjoying the silvers. They also make this cute little chuckle/laugh sound when they are especially happy about something they find. I hear they are very interesting to watch when they have babies too so I can't wait for that.

Quote:
smile.png
Thanks, the plan was for him to use them for 4H but he lost interest and they are my pets now...like I needed anymore
roll.png
. I really like them though. I think he wants do use a chicken or calf for 4H now. No telling what he will decide on by Aug
hmm.png
It will be his first year doing 4H.

I know how you feel! Hubby decided thid year he wanted to raise pheasants and release them to hunt overtime! We right now have a large inside coop/ that has a walk out door to a very HUGE outside pen! We bought 75 ringneck pheasants and they are CRAZY! They for sure our not like our chickens or even our ducks!!! When I go in to give them food and water I litterally have to watch out because they come flying! I think they are very pretty, but are not the most social birds. They will be let free soon here, and we will leave the cage open, because we have never done this before and are assumung we might have some continue to return for food till they are comfortable to find there own!!!

Guess will see how it goes! Might be the last time we do this! But they sure were fun/cute to raise from chicks!

Oh my gosh I love your story. My yellow pheasants also like to sit on my arms or leg but are only 3 weeks old and I am hoping they will continue to do this as they get older. Hope you keep adding updates.

I'll keep adding some updates. They are all outside now in some large parrot flight pens until my aviary is finished. The ringnecks have gotten a little friendlier as they've gotten older and will eat out of my hand if they are in a good mood. They even meet me at the door with their high pitched cheep when they see me walking across the yard. My silvers are as sweet as ever. They will still get on my lap but have thankfully stopped trying to fly to my shoulder. I really like the silvers. They still make their cute little noises to me and each other. One of them has even started making a cute growl noise when I give him a treat he really likes.

Last edited:
Added and edited a few things. The Ringnecks are fully colored now and very plump. DH has been trying to get me to let him eat one for months. The silvers are not fully colored yet but looking a lot different from the last pictures I posted. I'll take some updated ones and post them tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom