My almost blind chicken

He's adorable! How sweet.
love.gif

Im so sorry for you but I also have a chicken thats almost blind its a blue (grey) cochins and we took it inside for a wile we would tap on its food and water bow eventily we took her back outside and we have other cochins that show her around to food and water i still need advice on how to maybe get her eyes ok

Last Friday I brought home a coop and run setup with three pullets described to me as just about ready to start laying. They are a blue Cochin, RIR, and Brahma. The Brahma appears to be blind, and I feel awful it took me five days to figure it out - by the time she found the large open bowl of food I put into the run she must have been starving. I waited until she tried to find the ramp back up into the coop and helped her up so I could close the door. I had been wondering why she was so reluctant to walk all the way down the ramp, and why she was always "whining" when she heard me approach. I was preparing to let them out this weekend to free range a bit, but now I don't dare let her out, and am wondering what to do. She's apparently okay with her two sisters, and I think they are essentially safe while we are gone during the day thanks to electric fence, but I am just beginning the process of trying to figure out how to care for her and whether I'm even doing her any favor by making the effort. I dread the idea I may one day come home to find her pecked to death when her sisters figure out how helpless she is. I haven't the resources to construct a second house and pen to keep her by herself right now. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Back
Top Bottom