1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Ameracanas and Easter eggers

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by L&Schickens, Oct 2, 2008.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I normally have been posting about my other chickens (Like my stinking Barbanters [​IMG] ) but these are the only ones really old enough to lay. I have 3 from my friend in Simi Valley CA, including Sunshine, the roo. I also have a GLW in the mix, but she does not lay a "colored" egg of course. So far the Simi Valley hens (Who are 3) lay a big green egg. My 4 tufted girls all seem to be laying a small blue egg. They just started laying last month so I am sure the size will get better.
    So, here is my flock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Sunshine again. He is not much to look at, but he gets the job done. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Beautiful chickens!!! I only have one EE chick and I already love her [​IMG]

3. ttrjpbcz

ttrjpbcz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    What is that second chick? I have the same exact bird!!!!! Her name is Big mama!!! let me see if I can find a picture! I thought she was an EE, am I right?

4. ttrjpbcz

ttrjpbcz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think??

Your birds are just plain gorgeous!!!

5. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    IMHO EEs tend to be awfully handsome birds, whether they fit into any specific standard or not. Nice girls! [​IMG]

6. ItsSuzzie

ItsSuzzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello everyone. I have several of these birds as well, refer to www.geocities.com/ItsSuzzie/Coupe_2.htm You know there are Araucana's, bantam and Standard size. There are Americana's and there are EE'ers or Easter Eggers. I do not yet have Araucana's, but my luck may be changing shortly. My Americana's are from a Hatchery, so they could very well be EE'er's. Can anyone define Americana vs. EE'ers.
    The only thing I heard was EE'ers have green leggs and Americana's do not. I know someone here knows this information. I know the difference with Araucana's. Araucana's have ear tuffs (feathers near the ear that go outward). Americana's have Ear Muffs (feathers by the ears that lean toward the head) Araucana's come with or without tails. And there you have it, I do not have Araucana's but I have Americana/EE'ers...They do not lay yet, so I do not know the color of the egg as of yet.
    [​IMG] NEXT:lol:

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Those are very pretty EEs. [​IMG] They don't have tufts, they have muffs/beard. You should get some really cute poofy faced babies from these guys.

Jody

8. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    The roo is tuff/muff/beardless so I am not really sure how cute the babies would be. I care more about what color eggs will by laied by his babies. So until one of my other newly hatched or almost going to hatch ee and rumpless auracanas turn out to be a roo, I am stuck with Sunshine as my "Flock Manager". [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  9. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Well I think Sunshine is very handsome. I have lots of purebreds but I LOVE my beautiful EEs and love the variety of colors. I also have true Ameraucana, but we will always have some EEs on at our place.

ANDWADDYA MEAN "STINKING BRABANTERS"?[​IMG] [​IMG] I am getting eggs to hatch more. Now stop dissing them.[​IMG]

10. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I like my Barabnters, but they can't make up their minds if they are going to be roosters or hens. They have no combes or waddles and they are 4 months old!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by