My Anconas came this evening!!!

aineheartsyou

Songster
10 Years
May 6, 2009
Dixie, WA
Here they are! I ordered 15 but 1 was DOA
hit.gif
I emailed them before I even left the PO and they are going to credit me for the duckling.

I think I got 2 blacks, 1 blue, 2 lavender? 1 solid white? and a bunch of chocolates
smile.png

30466_pict0416.jpg

30466_pict0426.jpg

30466_pict0427.jpg

The lil blue one
30466_pict0428.jpg

Oh my GOSH, Lainey! They are sooo cute!!!!

When I asked about lavenders, they said they didn't have a lot of breeding lavenders, so if one by chance hatches, they would keep it.

Your blue one is addddoooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrable!!!!!

How exciting. Did you know that the Anconas came pure white??? It is kind of fun to have a pure white one, though I will admit, I was a BIT disappointed at first.

I LOVE the one you have that has LOTS of black on him/her.....adorable!

I am so happy for US!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Gorgeous....that is not a white (they do not exist) it is a silver...a very light one. Congrats and a big huggle for that blue. where did you order yours from?

Did not know if Anconas came in white or not....SILVER? That makes me soooo happy, since I got one, too!

Lainey........SO happy.

Really subtle blues then maybe? I think one of the ones I originally thought was a chocolate might be a black and I am not 100% convinced the white one is actually white, it seems kind of creamier than the yellow parts on the other ducklings *shrugs* gonna have to wait and see
smile.png

Yes it is a grey looking marking usually when the duck is grown folks often confuse the silver with a lavender especially if the lav is light colored. Yours looks to be very pale and should be beautiful. A solid white is near to impossible to get because of the required recessive white genes and the Anconas are so colored heavy in gene makeup it would be a one in a 1/2 million odds if possible at all.
smile.png

Scroll down the ancona pics and you will see a silver....this is Aurora Springs' website
smile.png

http://worthitfarms.jigsy.com/waterfowl

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom