My Aussie died after laying an egg with blood :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by soccerbabiesmama, Mar 7, 2011.

1. soccerbabiesmama

soccerbabiesmama In the Brooder

Sep 22, 2010
    My Aussie, who isn't quite a year old had a lightly blood streaked egg yesterday. We added some oil and peanut butter to her food, but there was more blood today, and blood some blood in her nesting box. I look into the coop, and our sweet, darling hen was gone.

Does this sound like anything that I have to worry about with my other 3 (some disease or something)?

2. Judy

Judy Crowing

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I'm so sorry. But no, it most likely was due to a medical problem in her egg laying system, such as a tumor or the like. Just a guess, of course. Mostly, chicken diseases involve the respiratory or the nervous or digestive system.

3. soccerbabiesmama

Sep 22, 2010
    Thank you so much for the answer. Poor girl. At least we have some peace knowing the other three should be ok. I can't believe how sad we are over this chicken! We just love those girls!

4. new chick 203

new chick 203 Songster

Feb 8, 2010
    Ridgefield CT
    [​IMG]
    So sorry. We have a small flock too, and we lost one a couple of months ago. It's so hard.

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Sorry 'bout your little hen... [​IMG] And I agree that it was an internal issue of some kind rather than sickness/disease.

6. CherBru

CherBru In the Brooder

Mar 2, 2011
    I'm so sorry you lost you're sweet hen. Hugs!

7. soccerbabiesmama

Sep 22, 2010
    Thank you. The emoticons are darling, and my 9 year old says thank you too!

8. Talisman

Talisman In the Brooder

Jan 25, 2011
    Sorry for your loss:hugs Hope you feel better..Heather

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: