My awesome spice rack

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Southernbelle, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    My Dad made this for me and I love it! He's not an overly affectionate man, but he wrote To: Karen Love, Dad on the back. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When my parents moved, they moved to a smaller house and Mom had a hard time fitting all her kitchen stuff into the smaller kitchen, so my Dad made her a spice rack. He measured all her different spice containers to determine how big to make the shelves. Since he was making one for my mother, he said it was just as easy to make a few more assembly line fashion for me and my sister. We're all good cooks. The shelves have a small lip on them incase you needed to mount it on a door, so the spices won't slide off, but I mounted it upside down because I was wall mounting it and didn't need the lip.

Just thought I'd share! [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    My gosh, that's love in action, permanent action! I bet your dad put all the things he's ever felt about you in that cabinet.
    It's beautiful Karen! (Got sage?)

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Of course, middle of the middle shelf. [​IMG]

What's really funny is he thinks they should be alphabetized, so when he comes to visit he rearranges them all on me. I don't mind. [​IMG]

4. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    That is very nice. My Kitchen could use one!

[​IMG]

5. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    Gorgeous! And I thought I had alot of spices. You have me beat hands down! [​IMG]

6. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    It's lovely!

7. WOW! That is NICE! and it doesn't even look like it was "home made" NICE JOB DAD!

8. 60ACRES

60ACRES Stepped in what??

Apr 8, 2009
    Long, OK
    I will give you $50.00 for it right now.

9. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Now if you would be so kind as to swing by and organize my spice rack so it's as neat as yours ... I'm right up the road. [​IMG]

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Will your Dad adopt me? That is absolutely beautiful and a very love filled useful piece. You can pass it down to one of your children one say.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by