My babies are roosting. It is SOOOO cute.

AnKa

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 27, 2009
They're like 10 days old and I put a little practice roost in there that I made out of scrap 2x4. This morning, the husband saw them all lined up (and the poop lines up neatly underneat). I wish I had a picture. I have only seen 2 or 3 at a time yet. Is it retarded that I am proud of my chicken babies' accomplishment????

How cute!!!!! You are not stupid for being proud--they are adorable smart little chicks and you should be proud. Try to post a pic--we would love to see them!
big_smile.png

Hehe! My chicks were doing that this morning too! It was soo cute! There are 3 2 week olds, and 2 3 week olds in an old bird cage of mine...I set the perch a bit lower so they could get on it, and sure enough, there they are!

Mine are 6 weeks old and have been sitting on the 3 inch roost for about 2 weeks. I'm glad someone else gets exicted about those kinds of things too. It's so weird that they know how to do that without anyone showing them...they are growing up!
sad.png

My six are 10 days old today and two of them are starting to roost. It's about six inches above the brooder floor. They're still a bit tippy and the others like to take a flying leap at them to get them down. It's really cute! No one told me they would be this entertaining!
big_smile.png

Quote:
As someone who cheers and claps when their tiny beebies make their first "doodles," I'd say no, you're not retarded.

That would be ME. The poop clapper.

BTW, get some pics out there for us!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom