My babies now 3 weeks old

Ellen that is a very nice set up :)

----------------------------------------------

Quote:
That looks like my Speckled Sussex. They are very pretty.

------------Thank you JDEPWEG, i will have to wait and see what she is when she grows up I still can't find a match on the feather site.

My chicks are two months old now and in a chicken tractor with a hen who has a hurt leg. Some of their feathers are coming in now and some of the bigger chicks are fighting withe the smaller ones. When do all their feathers come in? The white ones look like white leg horns , Don't know what the black's ones are?

Two months old mine were fully feathered but that could be spefic to the breed and even then there is variation in timing. They should be old enough to integrate into the flock I would think. Have they been in close enough to be able to see each other. If they are still in the tractor I would move it next to the other run to let them get acquainted before just throwing them all in together,

I can't move the chicken tractor out and down to the chicken coop it won't fit through the gate. I have one of the new hens in with the chicks, she was hurt by the rooster and is still limping, he is only one year old . He was hatched here our first one, we called him the little peeper because he was so vocal. He has 9 hens in with him now, so maybe I should wait until they are much bigger because of the rooster

Back
Top Bottom