My "babies"... (pic extensive)

HuestisFarm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Fly Creek, NY
Well, I got to know my newest 29 birds today. And I took some more pics, of course! They're still a little bit skittish from all the hustle 'n bustle yesterday, but I've already received two eggs... one fresh from our Big Bertha - she laid it just as I was going in to check on them! Anyhoo... onto the pics (and names) of most of them.
big_smile.png

Big Bertha:
BigBertha.jpg

Melody:
Melody.jpg

Melody w/Mimi behind her (she's quite stand-offish):
MelodyMimi.jpg

Bailey (the nosiest & friendliest so far):
Bailey.jpg

Yeti:
Yeti2.jpg

Yeti.jpg

Gracie (my favorite of the 2 black Cochins):
Gracie.jpg

Gracie2.jpg

Penny:
Penny.jpg

Maude (isn't she beautiful?):
Maude.jpg

Maude2.jpg

Flopsy:
Flopsy.jpg

Flopsy2.jpg

Rhoda:
Rhoda.jpg

Dorothy & Rhoda:
DorothyRhoda.jpg

The "Golden Girls" - Dorothy, Blanche & Rose
RoseDorothyBlanche.jpg

Blanche:
Blanche.jpg

Dottie:
Dottie.jpg

Whisper:
Whisper.jpg

Eloise:
JG.jpg

JG2.jpg

Harriet:
Harriet.jpg

And some new pics of my EE, Little Miss Muffet (aka Muffy):
MissMuffet.jpg

Muffy.jpg

big_smile.png
I have 29 hens. I haven't named all of them as some of them look too much alike. How on earth do you know the difference between the ones that look pretty much alike??

I like the ones you named Dorothy, Blanche and Rose... where is Sophia?
lol.png

*haha* I guess I should've named Dottie Sophia instead... oh well... there's probably another one of them in there that I could call that. *lol* I haven't named them all.

I have a habit of paying particularly close attention to my chickens. I notice the slightest difference in color pattern and/or spots on their combs... etc... I guess I'm weird like that!
lol.png

Beautiful girls you have there.
wink.png

I'm the same though when it comes to mine. I pay special attention to their habits and personality too. I named one dominique hen Gina, because she always late going into the coop every evening, so she reminds me of my sister in law. That poor child will be late for her own funeral, LOL.

Oh my they are pretty! But Penny caught my eye. She just looks like a little diva
lol.png
You can always send her to me I think she is just absolutley adorable.Congrats on such beautiful girls!

They are all so pretty!

Is Bailey a Buff Cochin? If so, I have one also and she is soooo noisy too!! She just jibber jabbers all the time, like she is constantly complaining lol. But I love the big fluffy noisemaker!

Yep, Bailey is a Buff Cochin... she's definitely a talker, but she's also nosey! Always right in front wondering what I'm doing. *haha*

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I love my new girls!
smile.png

*lol* That's like the 3rd reply I've gotten on that avvie... and that's OK, b/c I love it! That was the intention!! I think it's very fitting to my personality too. And I'm so glad you like it!
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom