My baby chick won't strech her head!

KaleDaDuck

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
hi i just helped a baby chick hatch that was trying for 2 days and a half she got stuck because i as an idiot opened the incubator on lockdown.... anyways... she seemed to not drop a single drop of blood and she has pooped already in the egg so she was ready! i broke a significant part of the egg and she still didn't strech her head.... her head was still stuck to her stomach... and she seems to have crippled toes (curly toes)... i can't send pictures now cause i broke my phone and im typing this from my dad's linux computer..... Help!

hi i just helped a baby chick hatch that was trying for 2 days and a half she got stuck because i as an idiot opened the incubator on lockdown.... anyways... she seemed to not drop a single drop of blood and she has pooped already in the egg so she was ready! i broke a significant part of the egg and she still didn't strech her head.... her head was still stuck to her stomach... and she seems to have crippled toes (curly toes)... i can't send pictures now cause i broke my phone and im typing this from my dad's linux computer..... Help!
Also its now day 20... can i turn off the incubator? cause i have 28 chicken eggs to hatch..

Pictures? Is she out of the egg now? Can you give some Poultry Cell or NutriDrench 2 drops orally and get it drinking? There could be some wry neck and curled toes which vitamins may help. Please post on the incubation forum here for more help:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/incubating-hatching-eggs.5/
She managed to strech her head and be a normal chick... but her balance was off the charts... and ended up drowning after sitting in the water passage place on the incubator.... i just threw away all the eggs and washed the incubator....

Back
Top Bottom