My baby developed crossbeak!

It is not to bad yet, I don't think but can it get worse?
View attachment 3025493View attachment 3025494View attachment 3025496
As long as she's able to eat and drink, she should be perfectly fine! As the others already said, she will need to have it trimmed once in awhile. She doesn't need to be a house chicken if she isn't getting picked on and is eating enough. But if you think that she'd be better off indoors then thats your decision. ThinMint, my crossbeak in my pfp, lives outside in our barn and gets let out with our little group of "barn chickens" (they refuse to leave the barn permanently, but will happily go outside on nice days). What feed are you giving her? Does she seem to be having trouble eating?

As long as she's able to eat and drink, she should be perfectly fine! As the others already said, she will need to have it trimmed once in awhile. She doesn't need to be a house chicken if she isn't getting picked on and is eating enough. But if you think that she'd be better off indoors then thats your decision. ThinMint, my crossbeak in my pfp, lives outside in our barn and gets let out with our little group of "barn chickens" (they refuse to leave the barn permanently, but will happily go outside on nice days). What feed are you giving her? Does she seem to be having trouble eating?
They are still getting chick crumble feed, I am not bringing her inside just to live outside in a coop at my house so I can care for her because they often don't give there chickens food or water and the are always hungry and I am worried if it gets to bad the she can't get food from the ground because the free roam all of there chickens are and I don't want her to get eaten!

They are still getting chick crumble feed, I am not bringing her inside just to live outside in a coop at my house so I can care for her because they often don't give there chickens food or water and the are always hungry and I am worried if it gets to bad the she can't get food from the ground because the free roam all of there chickens are and I don't want her to get eaten!
Oh, that's horrible! Sorry, I did not understand the severity of the situation. If they aren't feeding their chickens and not taking proper care of them, then I recommend you either talk to their caretakers. Or if they don't mind you having them, then take them home with you as you were talking about.

Oh, that's horrible! Sorry, I did not understand the severity of the situation. If they aren't feeding their chickens and not taking proper care of them, then I recommend you either talk to their caretakers. Or if they don't mind you having them, then take them home with you as you were talking about.
Trust me I have tried talking to them but they are family and I don't want them to hate me. But I hope within the next weekwe will be taking 2 or 3 of the chickens! I am excited!

How has it been going?
I have noticed that her beak had gotten worse in the past few weeks be considering she is. Doing great! I am just worried about her because her silkie fluff has gotten so big the she has trouble seeing. And the place where she lives is free roaming her now and they have seen lots of birds of prey up in the air and they still choose to let them out unattended! But I am just glad that they are still alive! Also, thanks for asking about her!

I had one that was like completely open scissors, I trimmed her beak when needed and got a feeder and waterer that she could stick her entire beak in and she was fine.
do you have a picture of your feeder for your scissor beak? I have tried so many different feeders but she kicks the food out and makes a mess.

do you have a picture of your feeder for your scissor beak? I have tried so many different feeders but she kicks the food out and makes a mess.
Mine make a huge mess also but I use one of the chick feeders with holes in it! It works really well for me!

Back
Top Bottom