My baby developed crossbeak!

Bunbun0412

Songster
Dec 18, 2020
I am devastated because I have 3 teen bantam chicks that live at my aunts place and they don't exactly take the greatest care of there chickens. Anyways, I was there two days ago and noticed that my silkie chick Willow had a crossbeak! I was freaking out because I had never had this happen before but now I am soooo worried about her because they usually go hours without food and water and I have read the crossbeak chickies can have trouble preening, protecting themselves, eating, and drinking! I just know that they are not going to take this seriously and I want her to be okay! I am so sensitive and am literally crying over this. So all I want is the truth, is she going to live without and special care and some mild neglect, or should I try and convince my mom to take our three chickens? At that house we're the chicks live they have had countless chickens die because of sickness and predators but yet they change none other actions! Like I said I am very sensitive so every one of them that die it is like a loss in my family, sometimes I feel like I care more about the chickens than they do. Okay, I just realized I have rambled on too much 😅 I just want to hear all of the facts and opinions about crossbeak chicken problems, solutions, concerns, outcomes, care, and honestly just some friendly encouragement. I am not doing so great in the emotional department regarding my baby silkie 😔 Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this!

It is not to bad yet, I don't think but can it get worse?
Screenshot_20220315-084121_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220315-084111_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220315-084045_Gallery.jpg

Hi! A little update, we are taking her and 1 or 2 of her fiends to live at our house so they can live! I would still love a little help though! Thanks!

That isn't bad at all. I have a buff orphington with a serious cross beak and she does just fine. I just carefully trim it when needed. She's almost a year old. She's actually quite the bully. I'll post you a pic soon.

That isn't bad at all. I have a buff orphington with a serious cross beak and she does just fine. I just carefully trim it when needed. She's almost a year old. She's actually quite the bully. I'll post you a pic soon.
I think your chick will be just fine😊 Nothing wrong with a little uniqueness!

Attachments

• 38F55D46-FAF6-45CD-9547-144CB6AB3CA8.jpeg
    38F55D46-FAF6-45CD-9547-144CB6AB3CA8.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 7EF0F1A7-902C-4097-9049-3C7668BD1D48.jpeg
    7EF0F1A7-902C-4097-9049-3C7668BD1D48.jpeg
    516.9 KB · Views: 18
  • F1938D41-8030-4E06-816A-37732EECD79B.jpeg
    F1938D41-8030-4E06-816A-37732EECD79B.jpeg
    494.6 KB · Views: 18
Also, do you think that if we are not able to bring the three to my house that just two would be happy living together?

Also, do you think that if we are not able to bring the three to my house that just two would be happy living together?
I think that two chicks could be happy. The more the better though with chickens. When I first started with chickens I started out with three. Silkies are not as aggressive as some other breeds so two may be OK. I have three silky chicks myself that are four months old and they are super sweet. I still haven’t determined if I have any roos and I’m tempted to post a thread later to see what others think🙂

I had one that was like completely open scissors, I trimmed her beak when needed and got a feeder and waterer that she could stick her entire beak in and she was fine.

Back
Top Bottom