Pheasant developed face lesions?

Camry08

Songster
Jun 26, 2020
I’ve had a pheasant living indoors with me for around two years I’ve also had a chicken living with me for a year now due to being lame (likely from mareks said the vet). They have their own bins but are in the same room of the house. I’m assuming he picked something up from her? How do I help him? Will this pass or just get worse? I don’t want him to randomly drop dead on me he’s only 2 and a half years old.

Here’s a link to a video of him.

Could it be fowl pox?

Would need a better still picture of the area if you can.
Sorry for late reply

His face wound is healing but his beak is deteriorating really fast I’m worried it might fall off or something.Where the yellow is on his beak a bump formed yesterday then burst today and now it’s cracked and wet looking. I don’t know what to do to save his face i don’t think he can breath well either he’s alway gasping, sneezing, and wheezing lately.
FC2EEFDE-9665-49D1-86DC-1C6F28CFFBFC.jpeg

Attachments

• 7915AC7E-6978-45E4-9C13-9CBF244690C7.jpeg
    7915AC7E-6978-45E4-9C13-9CBF244690C7.jpeg
    568.8 KB · Views: 2
If it is fowl pox there is not much to be done. It has to run its course.

If it's something else I don't know. Try Google as well. Or posting in the pheasant thread as well.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

I answered on your other thread. You hadn’t mentioned a respiratory problem there. He may have signs of a respiratory infection from the gunk in his nostril and sneezing. Do you have any Tylan or Tylosin antibiotic? Is the white rough skin on the upper eyelids normal for a pheasant. I would post on the pheasant forum as well.

Back
Top Bottom