My baby, silky chicken keeps scratching itself under the feathers, and I saw it grab handfuls of them

Marshmallobear2143

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2024
Hello, my name is Kayla and I recently recently noticed that my baby silky chicken has begun to pack itself underneath its feathers aggressively to the point where she’s plucking out her own feathers and I don’t know why. I am worried it will hurt itself 😭. The other silky is not packing itself in the same way the silky is for some reason her feathers are also wet but I think that’s just because she fell into water. I saw her eating one of her feathers 😀 I don’t think she’s malnutrition but I don’t know. She has also been running around a lot just pecking her feathers. This is what I am feeding them.

Attachments

• IMG_3173.jpeg
    IMG_3173.jpeg
    402.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3174.jpeg
    IMG_3174.jpeg
    380.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 3
her feathers are also wet but I think that’s just because she fell into water. I saw her eating one of her feathers
This is her way to try and rid herself of the water residues on her feathers. You could help her to get dry by gently dabbing the wet feathers with a soft fluffy towel.

Does she still have a heat lamp?

What kind of water dispenser do you use?

Hello, my name is Kayla and I recently recently noticed that my baby silky chicken has begun to pack itself underneath its feathers aggressively to the point where she’s plucking out her own feathers and I don’t know why. I am worried it will hurt itself 😭. The other silky is not packing itself in the same way the silky is for some reason her feathers are also wet but I think that’s just because she fell into water. I saw her eating one of her feathers 😀 I don’t think she’s malnutrition but I don’t know. She has also been running around a lot just pecking her feathers. This is what I am feeding them.

This is her way to try and rid herself of the water residues on her feathers. You could help her to get dry by gently dabbing the wet feathers with a soft fluffy towel.

Does she still have a heat lamp?

What kind of water dispenser do you use?
Thank you so much!!! She does have a heat lamp and she uses a water despenser with the water on the bottom and a jar on top

Back
Top Bottom