My Baby Ducklings!!!! Yeah!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by W.CharltonChickens, Apr 4, 2009.

1. W.CharltonChickens

W.CharltonChickens Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2008
    West Charlton, NY
    Called TS in Saratoga Springs today. They just got them in this AM. So, off we went. I'm sooooo excited.
    Here's my new crew [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, the guy at TS was clueless.... [​IMG] He had a bunch that he was told were Blue Swedish. And, also a bunch of yellow ones that he didn't know what they were. I'm hoping that the yellow ones are Pekins. Can, anyone tell for sure?

Can anybody help me identify these?
    This I'm hoping is a Rouen.
    [​IMG]

This might be a Blue Swedish, but...
    [​IMG]

This is some kind of Crested.
    [​IMG]

WOOHOO!!! [​IMG]

Regards,
    Todd

2. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    looks like you got yourself a crested khaki!! two of my ducks had crests about that size when i got them, now one has like a crest thats like a huge thing of whip cream on the top of his head and the other one only has this tiny tiny little thing.

3. crazy cat lady

crazy cat lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    NW Illinois
    The yellow ones are pekins and I'm pretty sure the second looks like a rouen also. That's how little rouens look like.

4. kwack

kwack Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2009
    Delaware County
    Who cares? They're all as cute as can be![​IMG]

5. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    They all look so sweet! Very nice.

6. DarkWingDuck

DarkWingDuck Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    Meville
    That's a nice assortment of ducks you have. I hope the striped one turns out to be a rouen.

7. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    99% sure it is a rouen. It hsa two black stripes on its face, and in my experience mallards only have the one across their eye. The black one with a yellow chest does look like a black swedish. They yellow one standing on the feeder in the first group photo looks like a blue swed to me. I've raised many blue sweds (more than 50) and some of them do look like that. I have never raised pekins, but from what I've seen they are solid yellow. Yours is yellow with dark tinting over the feathers. But again, I have never raised pekins. Congraduations. I got four duckies today when I went to Rural King.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  8. W.CharltonChickens

W.CharltonChickens Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2008
    West Charlton, NY
    Thanks folks [​IMG]

I've been watching them all day. Just back and forth between the food, water, and heat lamp. So cute. Now and then one of the yellows will come over to me and just stare up with those little ducky eyes [​IMG]

So Smartie, you think the yellows are Blue Swedes. Could be... After looking around the web at some photos they do have the same coloring. And, I agree the other must be a Black Swede. Thanks for your help. And Congrats on your duckies [​IMG]

Regards,
    Todd

9. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    the yellow ones are prob. pekins, i see a malard, cant really help you with the rest!..... u just made me really want ducks!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  10. Honey1

Honey1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2008
    Michigan
    They're adorable!

(Man, I'm starting to think I should have some ducks :>)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by