My Baby Ducklings!!!! Yeah!!

W.CharltonChickens

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 31, 2008
West Charlton, NY
Called TS in Saratoga Springs today. They just got them in this AM. So, off we went. I'm sooooo excited.
Here's my new crew
big_smile.png

group.jpg

Now, the guy at TS was clueless....
barnie.gif
He had a bunch that he was told were Blue Swedish. And, also a bunch of yellow ones that he didn't know what they were. I'm hoping that the yellow ones are Pekins. Can, anyone tell for sure?

Can anybody help me identify these?
This I'm hoping is a Rouen.
unknown1.jpg

This might be a Blue Swedish, but...
unknown2.jpg

This is some kind of Crested.
unknown3.jpg

WOOHOO!!!
wee.gif

Regards,
Todd

looks like you got yourself a crested khaki!! two of my ducks had crests about that size when i got them, now one has like a crest thats like a huge thing of whip cream on the top of his head and the other one only has this tiny tiny little thing.

99% sure it is a rouen. It hsa two black stripes on its face, and in my experience mallards only have the one across their eye. The black one with a yellow chest does look like a black swedish. They yellow one standing on the feeder in the first group photo looks like a blue swed to me. I've raised many blue sweds (more than 50) and some of them do look like that. I have never raised pekins, but from what I've seen they are solid yellow. Yours is yellow with dark tinting over the feathers. But again, I have never raised pekins. Congraduations. I got four duckies today when I went to Rural King.

Last edited:
Thanks folks
smile.png

I've been watching them all day. Just back and forth between the food, water, and heat lamp. So cute. Now and then one of the yellows will come over to me and just stare up with those little ducky eyes
big_smile.png

So Smartie, you think the yellows are Blue Swedes. Could be... After looking around the web at some photos they do have the same coloring. And, I agree the other must be a Black Swede. Thanks for your help. And Congrats on your duckies
smile.png

Regards,
Todd

Back
Top Bottom