My baby Hazel, the blind chicken.

AnimalsComeFirst

that was so touching it made me cry too
hit.gif

God bless you and your family for taking in those chickens. Especially since you knew not a thing about them, or even how to care chickens.
It reminds me of our first flock of chickens. they hatched, and like you we dident even have food, a coop, and we sure dident know anything about them.

Hazel had a wonderful loving home and two happy little chicken friends because of you.
You loved her very much.
hugs.gif

and I believe you will see her again in heaven.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Hi,
smile.png

Thank you for your kind words... how many chickens did you have in your first flock? I know she was old and is in a happier place, and another good thing is... when Hazel was alive, I wasn't bothering with looking for chickens for sale. When she passed, I wanted to get another one to liven our small flock of 2, because now they were very depressed. I found a lady who had one buff orpington who was being bullied and pecked on by the other hens so much she had lost all her tail feathers. We adopted her, and immedately our flock seemed to be happy again. Gloria now gave me the best stink eyes eva again, she fought for her scratch and treats and she follows Nellie around the yard. Nellie is our new chicken who is a *real* chicken.... meaning she digs, scratchs, makes noise, runs and does stuff our disabled birds don't do. My poor lil Penny is at the bottom of the pecking order, being semi blind, and I have been her protection when she is pecked by Nellie. But all is well, we have a small flock of 3 hens now... hoping to build a bigger coop in the spring and get a few more chickens!
ya.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom