My baby passed away today. Bantam cochin rooster. Possible heart attack.

SweetHeidi

Chirping
May 6, 2021
I have and have had a LOT of chickens but this one was special. This picture was taken last night. He was eating, drinking and chatty but tired. He hid not feeling well too well. See the black part center comb?
20230428_164647.jpg
Kevin is/was the best, most loving and sweet rooster I've ever had the joy of loving. I've had him for 2 years. He would gaze into my eyes, chit chat with me, rub his head and neck on my neck and he loved his hens so well. He shared all his treats, was such a good boy. I had him in the house a lot with a diaper bc he enjoyed our company, and us his. I'll miss him forever. I believe he passed away from a heart attack, his comb was very dark. I've been crying my eyes out because I feel like I failed him. He will be forever missed and loved. Just a rooster but to me, a special friend. I'm heartbroken today. 💔

Is it a common occurrence for a rooster to pass from a heart attack so young? What else could it be?

:hugs💕
Sorry for your loss @SweetHeidi
That is a painful one, Kevin sounds lovely.
I hope that you can hatch a few of his eggs and let him live on. I know that is what I would need to do if I lost my sweet Spider. Thanks for the reminder to keep an extra eye on my guy and appreciate him a little more. Every day is a gift.

:hitI have and have had a LOT of chickens but this one was special. This picture was taken last night. He was eating, drinking and chatty but tired. He hid not feeling well too well. See the black part center comb?View attachment 3489290Kevin is/was the best, most loving and sweet rooster I've ever had the joy of loving. I've had him for 2 years. He would gaze into my eyes, chit chat with me, rub his head and neck on my neck and he loved his hens so well. He shared all his treats, was such a good boy. I had him in the house a lot with a diaper bc he enjoyed our company, and us his. I'll miss him forever. I believe he passed away from a heart attack, his comb was very dark. I've been crying my eyes out because I feel like I failed him. He will be forever missed and loved. Just a rooster but to me, a special friend. I'm heartbroken today. 💔

Is it a common occurrence for a rooster to pass from a heart attack so young? What else could it be?
Rest in peace Kevin! So sorry for your loss.

I feel like I failed him.
First I feel your pain it’s very hard when your attached to your Livestock I know I’ve been there for many years. As for as Failing him you showed him lots of love and care for him very well from the way it looks and sounds. Don’t beat yourself up it’s more than most would even think of showing love and affection. Things just happens especially with Livestock you just never know with them. You’ll be in my prayers tonight for comfort.

Back
Top Bottom