My bald ‘Whitey’

I have been told that she is a white rock..so I guess I was wrong...which explains why I never got a white egg!! She is very calm and sweet, and a good layer. I checked her vent tonight..it’s open, and no issues. I am going to buy the permethrin tomorrow and take care of it all. Due to winter..I just clean out the nest boxes...meaning, take out the bedding..anything more? Do I need to buy lime? Thank you guys so much for your fast replies!!

With it being cold I would use the Permethrin dust to treat the chickens. If you think the spray will dry and not freeze you could use that, but dust may be the way to go for all of it. (Wear a mask when dusting the chickens, housing and cleaning up!)

I have never used Lime, so can't say if that's suitable to use or not.

LOL Well, count on brown eggs from now on! WPR are sweet. Mine is a large quiet gal, she's been a good layer too. I do have a W Leghorn as well and she's a little bitty thing, but she lays lots of white eggs. :)

How many bottle of the powder do you think I need to buy for 35 hens, 2 roosters and nes boxes? Three? Do you also think I need to buy DE and use that after the permethrin powder, or is that enough?
Read your can of powder it should tell you how many chickens it will treat and how many sq ft too.
I think the can I have says something like it will treat 100 chickens(?) but I can't remember! You want to try to work a small amount of the powder in down to the skin under the wings, around the vent and neck. Ideally LOL But some chickens are not as cooperative as others are. Now...I am heavy handed so I don't think a can would last me for 100 chickens....so yes! I would probably get 3 cans (maybe 4-5:oops::lol:). Forget the DE.

Back
Top Bottom