my barred rocks are laying differently colored eggs. Why?

Yep, I would say so.

I have one girl who makes a straining noise, she pushes so hard!

Another one I have coos like a pigeon!

They are all different. I suspect the screaming is her version of normal egg laying.

- Krista

Ok. she has never made the screaming noise before so it scared me. She had her beak open all the way and sounded like a falcon. She usually just does a normal egg cluck.

It was probably just a difficult lay. Sometimes their eggs can be slightly more round than usual, or slightly bigger, and they just have to push extra hard.

I reckon she is just saying "Get Ooooouuuuttttttt!"

- Krista

Yeah the egg was a bit larger than normal.

Ah, ok then, there you go. I'd say that was it then.

I remember once my RIR laid an egg which was 119 grams. You should have heard the ruckas coming from the coop that day!

I'm sure your girl will be fine
smile.png

- Krista

Yeah, they work hard for us, our girls.

Not just the egg laying, but they are also at risk of so many things - predator attack, lice, mites, bumblefoot, injuries, illness, frostbite. There is always something to worry about with them!

That's why I spend so much time cleaning and looking after them. They give us more than just an egg every day - they are also company, and entertainment, and down-right funny to watch!

I love mine to bits.

- Krista

Yeah, they work hard for us, our girls.

Not just the egg laying, but they are also at risk of so many things - predator attack, lice, mites, bumblefoot, injuries, illness, frostbite. There is always something to worry about with them!

That's why I spend so much time cleaning and looking after them. They give us more than just an egg every day - they are also company, and entertainment, and down-right funny to watch!

I love mine to bits.

- Krista

Very true!

Back
Top Bottom