My Basic DIY Incubator

Pretty birds!

I read that using something with a larger surface area will help get the humidity up, not necessarily more water, so I'm going to try a damp cloth. My humidity was only 16-20% overnnight
hmm.png
the temp is hovering around 102 which I want to get down a degree. I still need to test other thermometers to make sure the one I'm using is accurate. How are your eggs going?
My eggs seem to be doing well. I'll know which are good on Saturday when I get to candle! It's so exciting :D Stupid me dropped one yesterday while turning, but there are no cracks, so I think it'll be okay.
fl.gif

Do you have a humidifier? The air in the room may be a little dry which could be sucking moisture from your incubator faster.

Yeah the air in my room is very dry, my skin knows that all too well! I'm sure it should be okay from the fall if there are no cracks... somehow eggs survive going through the postal system after all! I can't wait for Saturday that's when I plan on setting mine so it'll be an exciting day for both of us ;P

uh, I've had a crazy day with humidity! It's gone too low, too high, just crazy. I'm trying to get is stabilized now, hopefully it won't affect them much... It's been within the "acceptable' range. I guess I'll find out through candling Saturday

From what I've been gathering humidity isn't make or break in the beginning unless its extremely high/low for an extended period of time, it's mostly during lockdown that humidity is key to survival. What has it been going between?

Last edited:
From what I've been gathering humidity isn't make or break in the beginning unless its extremely high/low for an extended period of time, it's mostly during lockdown that humidity is key to survival. What has it been going between?

I know but it's been either really high or really low pretty much all day. I finally just got in stabilized. I'm just being paranoid! haha

Haha I know me too, I want it to be perfect before I set the eggs. Once I actually do I'm probably going to be anxious at work all day hoping it stays steady. I moved it into my closet because the temp fluctuated way too much when I was gone today since the heat in my house is set to decrease when no one is home then increase at night so it really messed with it. I'm hoping the closet will be a little more consistent throughout the day and I can get this all figured out before Saturday!

Just candled today! 4 of 6 eggs had air cells, but they were really hard to see because of the color of my eggs, so I'm leaving the other two in there! I couldn't see veins either, but again they were really hard to see through! I also have a couple that appear porous, but they have air cells so I'm giving them a chance!
So far, so good! Hope they hatch in two weeks!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom