My Best Coop Yet!!! ***Pics***

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. We still have a little tweeking to do but I love it. The nest boxes are sunk down, I'm trying to get him to put me a window in the front over the chicken door, but finding a small one it turning out to be a little difficult. As much as I would love to take credit for the hinged door under the roost I have read about people doing it (where else) on here and I thought it was a great idea.

Thank again for all the nice words and the great ideas.

Cabe

Look in the yellow pages for window companies in your area and call and ask if they have any salesmans sample windows that are obsoleted. I have gotten 6 really nice windows this way. They are usually screened and seal tight just like a storm window. They are usually about 14"wide and 24" tall. Great size for the coop.

We have a habitat for humanity home improvement center about 20 miles away. I looked on their web site and they have recycled building materials there, so I thought the next time we're close to them I would stop in and see if they might have something that might work.

coffeegirl: I looked at the website, but I'm in the south and all of there places seem to be up north. Thanks so much for the suggestion.
frow.gif

VaM715: I might try your suggestion as well:frow

Back
Top Bottom