My Big Bad Roo!

toto65

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Holland, VT
61559_night_night_brutus.jpg

I just had to show you all this picture of by "Big Bad Roo Brutus" I was in the coop with a friend and Brutus was being, well, being Brutus. He was strutting around trying to show everyone that HE was the boss. So I picked him up, rubbed his comb and wattles then turned him over and held him like a baby. I swear that he was embarassed! When I put him down he stalked away grumbling! He was so funny! I think it was a big blow to his ego especially since my other roo was watching all of it with a kind of sadistic glee.
ya.gif

LOL, i do that to my roo all the time. He certainly didn't like it tonight when I put the little ones in the coop and he started pecking them, and I grabbed him, right in front of his older girl, and put him in the dog crate. He's in solitary for tonight and possibly until he starts acting like a gentleman.

He was steamed at me, when I went out at dark to make sure everybody was settled for the night he refused to even come near me. I usually go around and pat everybody and even when he was on the roost after the lights were out he still refused to let me touch him! The other roo however, was my best buddy tonight. Maybe he thinks he better not act up or I will embarass him too!

I think if Brutus could talk he would have said "AWWW Mom, not in front of the guys"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom