My bird just lost alot of blood

gavinchickens

In the Brooder
Dec 20, 2022
I was removing pretty bad bubbles foot from my bird and think I cut a vain because loss more blood then normal there was alot of blood loss what can I do to help him regrow his blood

I was removing pretty bad bubbles foot from my bird and think I cut a vain because loss more blood then normal there was alot of blood loss what can I do to help him regrow his blood
Flour or cornstarch to stop the blood, wrap it well with vet wrap and give extra protein like some scramble eggs. Maybe some
Nutri drench in water for a day just to support healing

Did you put pressure on the bleeding area? Can you put some Neosporin antibiotic ointment on a gauze pad and tape it on the foot? How is he doing now? Get him drinking some fluids and offer food. Do you have a picture?

He drinking and eating got him in a sunny area jus gave him a spot for shade to I did bandage him up I've done bumble foot befor he was jus a special case I think I cut a vain mybe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230531-154806_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230531-154806_Instagram.jpg
    963.4 KB · Views: 13
Chicken blood loss sometimes looks like a lot. I would just make sure the bandage is not getting soaked with blood. Pressure on a bleeder for a few minutes will usually clot.

Back
Top Bottom