My birthday present!

very pretty, ducklings are the cutest.
love.gif

Quote:
That would be as good a guess as any! But all we have is a bunch of Khakis and one male Blue runner. He really gets around, so she could be a Khaki x Runner.
tongue.png

absolutely adorable! i love baby animals! she needs a friend tho. hopefully some of the other eggs will hatch! great gift tho!

Quote:
That would be as good a guess as any! But all we have is a bunch of Khakis and one male Blue runner. He really gets around, so she could be a Khaki x Runner.
tongue.png

Dangit! I almost edited my post to say "....or Runner!" When I got my Cayugas I started thinking they may be runners!!!!

He is adorable, whatever he is.

Oh cool. Thanks!

There's one egg left and I sure hope it will hatch. If not, perhaps we'll be able to get a few more eggs in the bator this year before it gets too cold. I think this little baby is going to be a stowaway when we go camping later this week. I don't think I can just leave her alone just to be checked on twice a day while we're gone. The poor thing would be so lonely.
sad.png
S/he's sitting on my lap right now, napping.
love.gif
(I can't wait until I can tell if "she"'s male or female!
tongue.png

Last edited:
What a special little one. And a great birthday present too!!!

I had a setting of eggs I put in to hatch around my birthday this year - I was lucky enough to get one hatch on the day itself and tagged its leg so I wouldnt get that particular one mixed up. The plan was to keep it as long as I could to watch it grow rather then sell it with any others in the mean time. So far - at around 4 weeks...things are looking good. I am fairly certain its a female- and a little Cinnamon Runner too
big_smile.png
She does get special attention... Im sure your little birthday duck will too. Be sure and get some photos of her to post of her camping adventure.
big_smile.png
There has been many a time I have boiled a pot of water on a campfire for a hot water bottle for ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom