My Bob Whites hatched.

7L Farm

Songster
9 Years
Jul 22, 2010
Anderson, Texas
I bought 120 eggs from jimsbirdhouse. He lives nearby so I thought it would be a quick & simple ship to me. Which it was I received the eggs the next day. They were all in great shape & packed well. I let them sit for 24 hours & had my Brinsea 40 DX fired up & holding steady temp & humidity. I loaded it up & 23 days later they hatched not all but a bunch of iddy's. I have a big flight pen that I just recently built for them. My question to the experts is what should I add to the pen. Do they need a perch or what else any tips will be appreciated. Here's the pen. Thanks 7L
63768_bob_whites_house_001.jpg

YOU'VE GOT A LIL WHILE TO WORRY ABOUT IT OR WORK OUT THE MINOR DETAILS, BUT THEY NEED STRUCTURE... BRUSH PILES, HIDES, ETC... AND OF COURSE FOOD AND WATER. ALSO YOU'LL LIKELY FIND THE WHOLE FLAG IDEA TERRIFIES THE HECK OUT OF THEM AND CAUSES SELF INJURY... THY'RE SPOOKY BY NATURE AND I CANT SEE A FLAG HELPING THAT (MAY BE WRONG
hu.gif
, BUT THATS JUST WHAT I SEE...) NICE PEN BY THE WAY

Another person mentioned the flag. But will see. I'll be adding a deck up on top of the pen so it shouldn't be an issue. I'll be adding the birds to the pen probably next week. I have never left any birds in a brooder for longer than that. What I do is move the brooder cage into the pen. I do provide heat but have found they feather out quicker & seem happier living in a more natural environment. They will have the choice of running around the pen are staying near the heat. Its already hot here in Texas.

Back
Top Bottom