My breed

peepdaddy

Crowing
14 Years
May 6, 2009
Wolfe co.
Thought some of you might enjoy pics of my breed.
spangled hen #1.jpeg

Attachments

• spangled hen#2.jpeg
    spangled hen#2.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 6
  • spangled hens.jpeg
    spangled hens.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 6
  • spangled flock.jpeg
    spangled flock.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 6
These are the ones I developed. Took me about ten years. I began with some barred rock and over the years I added a few others then more recently Buff Orpington and Buckeye. The Buckeye passed the small combs and yellow legs along with a bit of the fierce expression. They get their temperament from the Buffs. The Buckeyes and Buffs combined to give them their body type and brown eggs.
They breed pretty true now except that some are a bit lighter in color than others. Every now and then a pure white one shows up and I haven't been able to eliminate that yet.

These are the ones I developed. Took me about ten years. I began with some barred rock and over the years I added a few others then more recently Buff Orpington and Buckeye. The Buckeye passed the small combs and yellow legs along with a bit of the fierce expression. They get their temperament from the Buffs. The Buckeyes and Buffs combined to give them their body type and brown eggs.
They breed pretty true now except that some are a bit lighter in color than others. Every now and then a pure white one shows up and I haven't been able to eliminate that yet.
They're stunning. I love the top picture

That's fantastic! I'm trying a project similar to yours. But my end goal is a fibro easter egger.

That's fantastic! I'm trying a project similar to yours. But my end goal is a fibro easter egger.
Now that sounds like an interesting project! I just wanted a red chicken with a barred feather pattern that laid a brown egg and was a good table bird. Oh yeah, and one that had a small comb. I got tired of dealing with frostbitten combs.

Back
Top Bottom