My breeding pen attempt...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Kadjain, May 27, 2012.

1. Kadjain

Kadjain Songster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are my first two occupants. Modern Game bantams that I just received on Fri, May 25.
    I really like open air coops but I want my breeding pen to be as comfortable as possible, so I was thinking of putting a door on it. The shelter is 4ft deep, 5ft wide, and 6ft at the high and 5ft at the low of the roof. It is all recycled wood from a lady who tore down her goat milking shed. The fence panel with the solid sheet I got from my family ranch and the others I picked up on Craigslist. I used the solid sheet panel on that one side because I anticipate adding on and I don't want the roosters to be fence fighting constantly. The nest box I got with a cage that someone was breeding parrots in.
    What do ya think? Opinions, suggestions, any thoughts at all welcome...

Thanks

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. dallas1

dallas1 In the Brooder

May 20, 2012
    Batchtown IL. 30+ Years!
    it looks great. But i think i would close the front in to keep rain and wind out. you could put a small door on the front for the birds to get in and a door for you on the out side. just my 2cents. But it still looks good.

3. WinklerFarms

WinklerFarms Songster

Aug 17, 2011
    Central Minnesota

X2.

Looks good!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: