my broody is on 3 eggs... Im a wreck

Wendy'sChicksRock

Songster
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
Oakland county ,MI
ok so my little tiny silkie went broody AGAIN so I though "why not" this is her 3rd time broody and she will sit for well over 4 weeks. its been a week tomorrow and I want to see if the eggs are developing. They are outside in the coop ( it stays really nice in there due to the heat lamps. )Can I take them out from under her to check. If I even LOOK in her direction she PUFFS up and screams at me... I cant help but laugh at her
lau.gif
she's so big and mean NOT, anyways will it hurt them if I move them to see.. She is on EE eggs little does she know not silkie eggs..

ETA: fix typos

Last edited:
hee hee
Silkies are great....
mine is sittin on 3 polish eggs boy is she gonna be surprised..
they are due on MONDAY
pop.gif

in the morning when i go into feed everybody she usually gets off her nest and has her coffee break for about 10 minutes the eggs are all mine to look at and hold to the light to make sure eveerything is going according to plan. then she goes back and rearranges them to her likin cuz i must have messed them up... (her
smack.gif
me)
hu.gif

keep us posted

LOL, she doesn`t care what kind of eggs they are and would probably brood rocks (river rocks). Don`t let her bluff ya. Go out there at night and candle them eggs. Probably shouldn`t until 7-10 days, then again on day 18 and you`re done. Good luck and have fun.......Pop

I swear she NEVER gets off ! I hold the dish up so she eats... Then do the same with the water... Oh wait! She does leave me a HUGE broody Poo every day so she must get off them some time. She is in a big crate so the standard girls dont bug her.... I'll wait a few more days if I can then candle them. Should I try not to tip or flip them ? Im so nervous... if these hens only new how much we worried..

hugs.gif
I love them so
love.gif
love.gif

Very observant, LOL Actually she needs to get off and stretch and eat/drink/poo, but that doesn`t mean we should help her. Just let her be and she will take care of all that is neeeded on her part. Fresh feed, water, and seclusion are all she needs from you......Pop

Back
Top Bottom