My Broody's Best Hatch Yet!!!

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
chicks6-9-09.jpg

chicks6-9-09-1.jpg

Looks like we have 1 with a chipmunk stripe, and 2 look to be buff... there is one more drying off under mom and it may have a chipmunk strip too. Then there are 2 more with pips!!! I'm so excited!!! This will be a hatch of ALL 6 of my eggs!!!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

yippiechickie.gif
This will be her best hatch ever!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Now I have 11 chicks running around the coop.... so these 6 have to go. GOSH, they are sure cute though
big_smile.png

(Hubby offered to build another coop or extend our to keep everyone... but I give it a few more weeks before I have another broody silkie with a need to hatch something.
wink.png
...and I'll cave!!!
gig.gif
)

jumpy.gif
Yeah! Good for her!
jumpy.gif

They are so stinkin CUTE!

If I extended the coop every time I wanted to we would have well over a hundred birds, and no backyard!

Quote:
Hahahaha.... exactly!

My coop is only meant to hold 8-10 total. (Banty sized!)

Now I have 5 full grown and 11 chicks ranging from 1 day old to 5 weeks!

I am still waiting on those last 2 to hatch?! You can hear them peeping like crazy and you can see the holes moving from them pecking... but not one of the 2 are out. Mama is already walking around the coop with the other 4 and I'm just waiting. She won't stay sat on them....

Maybe I spoke too soon!?

Everyone is officially hatched... #6 is drying under mama and not in the pic. Its looks to be 50/50 buff/patridge.

chicks9-10-09-1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom