My California Quail Hatching Adventure!

Hi! All the research I️ did resulted in basically no info on levels of humidity. I️ kept them around 49% but it ranged from 45-55% right now the humidity is in the 70s for lockdown. I’m not sure what is considered a dry hatch, but much dryer than with my chickens.
Ah okay, thanks for letting me know! I'm probably just being too worried since they're a little late.

It's day 27 and I finally have a chick pipping!
first pip.png

It's day 27 and I finally have a chick pipping! View attachment 2707665
YAY!!! I️ forgot to post about mine last week. Here are 2 of them, both are very healthy. #1 has been unable to walk and was really weak, but I️ have had her on vitamin water. She’s starting to get better at moving around. #4 is not doing great right now but I’m hoping with time and vitamins it will start to perk up.
4C7A9F31-721A-42CE-89A4-B5A5B747CEBB.jpeg

YAY!!! I️ forgot to post about mine last week. Here are 2 of them, both are very healthy. #1 has been unable to walk and was really weak, but I️ have had her on vitamin water. She’s starting to get better at moving around. #4 is not doing great right now but I’m hoping with time and vitamins it will start to perk up.
View attachment 2707679
So cute! I hope the weak ones get better soon!

Hi all. Can someone help me with this. First egg of California Quail did hatch so now how long should stay in Incubator? And after moving to brooder what do I have to feed them? Can I give them chicken starter?
Thank you for helping

Hi all. Can someone help me with this. First egg of California Quail did hatch so now how long should stay in Incubator? And after moving to brooder what do I have to feed them? Can I give them chicken starter?
Thank you for helping
You can take it out of the incubator as soon as it's dry.

No, chicken starter isn't good enough. You need a game it's stater with 28-30% protein. It needs to be ground up fine enough for the chicks to eat.

I'm going to scold you a bit for not having appropriate food before they started to hatch. You've known since you put the eggs in the incubator that you were going to have chicks.

Back
Top Bottom