My call ducks have hatched!!!

Awwwww!!!!!!!!

Anymore today?!?! I'm dying to see cute little duckies.
clap.gif

Very cute babies Jen!! My one last pekin egg has pipped the membrane, but no shell pips yet. It is due tomorrow, but with the bator mishap I had, I'm lucky there are any left!! I'll post pics of the new baby when 'she' makes an appearance!

Quote:
Well, shelley, you might have some surprise duckies.....

Our white chinese goose was a daddy! That is why some of my duckies have longer necks i think. He died tonight and I had to check to see if it was a female or male. It was a male, therefore, some of your duck eggs might be a chinese/pekin cross

Quote:

Our white chinese goose was a daddy! That is why some of my duckies have longer necks i think. He died tonight and I had to check to see if it was a female or male. It was a male, therefore, some of your duck eggs might be a chinese/pekin cross

OMG!! Then who was laying that humongo egg??
One of the babies I have now has a different shaped head than the other. It's bill is more curved down, rather than straight out like a normal duck. It's also the one with the black spot on its back!

Quote:

OMG!! Then who was laying that humongo egg??
One of the babies I have now has a different shaped head than the other. It's bill is more curved down, rather than straight out like a normal duck. It's also the one with the black spot on its back!

I would say it is the one I thought was the pilgrim goose....whatever it is, I would say maybe the black spot on it might mean it is the boy maybe??? I don't know gonna have to check that out!

Congratulations on the call ducklings. I just put two eggs in the incubator tonight from our neighbor. Fingers crossed.

Geese and ducks can't cross, so someone else had to have been the father. Even though they'll try to mate with one another, you can't get any babies out of the mix.

JM, if you think you might have a Pilgrim but you're not sure feel free to toss me some pictures. I'll do what I can to identify her
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom