My cat is winking at me

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
5 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
WP_20170222_002.jpg
this is sasha. She is a 13 year old senior cat. Recently i switched her litter box to a covered corner box because i was sick of cleaning up the litter she got everywhere. It has had great results but im worried she might have gotten litter in her eye. She keeps blinking her right eye like its bothering her. I see no sign of inflammation or anything in it. She does have sinus issues so im not sure if this is related. I tried to flush her eye with saline but it had little to no effect. Should i be worried? Ive had her since she was 1 year old and i have had several vet appointments that proved to be nothing. I love her but i hate to spend another 180 bucks over nothing

I generally give them a week to see if it improves or worsens. If it's a slight injury it should improve, something more will probably get worse than you know you should take her in.

I generally give them a week to see if it improves or worsens. If it's a slight injury it should improve, something more will probably get worse than you know you should take her in.
This past week she vomited twice a day every day. Last time that happened i made her an appointment and nothing was wrong. Got her home and she didnt puke again. Same this time with no vet. She just stopped and nothing was wrong with her. Her health is a conundrum

This past week she vomited twice a day every day. Last time that happened i made her an appointment and nothing was wrong. Got her home and she didnt puke again. Same this time with no vet. She just stopped and nothing was wrong with her. Her health is a conundrum
Do you give her a hairball remedy on a regular basis? Often cats throwing up is from hair balls. Another cause can be worms, but if she's an indoor cat that's probably not an issue. Older cats do usually start to have more problems.

My husband brought home a stray abandoned kitten a few months ago. I have already spent lots of money on my Stinky cat. I forgot what troubles they are. :)

Do you give her a hairball remedy on a regular basis? Often cats throwing up is from hair balls. Another cause can be worms, but if she's an indoor cat that's probably not an issue. Older cats do usually start to have more problems.

My husband brought home a stray abandoned kitten a few months ago. I have already spent lots of money on my Stinky cat. I forgot what troubles they are. :)
She gets medication to prevent worms when she goes outside and is only allowed out on close supervision. They gave us some hairball medication for her but she hates it. They were supposed to give the tuna flavor...got maple syrup. They told me id have to pay for the tuna flavor if I wanted to switch. It is 30 bucks a tube.

I tried the hairball medication when she was throwing up as well. Had no effect. She just eventually stopped.

I always just bought it at Wal-Mart, but it's been a few years so maybe they don't sell it anymore.

Have you had her blood checked out to rule out organ problems? I know it's more money though. Some older cats can get kidney problems which can cause stomach upset.

What do you feed her? Lots of cat foods unfortunately are wheat and corn based which will upset their stomachs. I feed a grain free to prevent vomiting from that.

I always just bought it at Wal-Mart, but it's been a few years so maybe they don't sell it anymore.

Have you had her blood checked out to rule out organ problems? I know it's more money though. Some older cats can get kidney problems which can cause stomach upset.

What do you feed her? Lots of cat foods unfortunately are wheat and corn based which will upset their stomachs. I feed a grain free to prevent vomiting from that.
She has her blood checked every vet visit. No organ issues. Her thyroid was a little high last test but that is all. She eats Friskies Seafood Sensations exclusively. When she is vomiting i switch her to Friskies Pate in different flavors but she will only eat the pate.

Canned or dry. Generally it's the dry that can give them problems because it will contain corn.

Back
Top Bottom