1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MY CAT WAS IN MY BROODER BOX!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, May 25, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

OMG I was sure I seen the cat in my laundry room and I went into the room where my chicks are and closed the door behind me. WHile I was getting them some water I came back to find my CAT in with the chicks! He was just sitting in there watching them and some of the chicks came over and picked at his feet! Talk about a heart attack! Sorry I didn't get a picture but I was about in heart failure and just grabbed him out fast as can be! WHEW! I counted them all and all were there! NO feathers hanging from Jacks mouth! My larger cat is afraid of the chicks and when I put him by the chicks he hissed and ran off.

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Glad to hear everything was ok. That would freak me out too. I can barely tolerate the cat as it is.

3. Sonia

Sonia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  4. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    i have 2 outsides cats got them as strays when they where kittens..they are my chicken guards..they watch over the chickens and the yard chase snakes rabbits coons they dont care..

5. Stevida

Stevida Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2008
    West Grove PA
    I have a inside/outside cat that will occasionally join my join my one remaining polish. At first I wanted to kill Vinny, but now I know he is just inspecting to insure everything is ok. While I was constructing my tractor he would jump inside and sit with my chicks (before they were stolen [​IMG]). He might give them a bat with with his paw, but they would skitter and scare the heck out of him. Now he will lay outside and watch my Polish while she free ranges. My other two cats could are less about the chickens.

My Doberman and mutt just figure it's more animals. My Rat terrier thinks they are chicken nuggets!!! [​IMG] Licking her chops if we let her get anywhere near the chickens. We are trying the train her that the chickens are our friends and not our dinner, but so far it's not working. [​IMG]

6. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    My cats all get along fine with the chickens. When we finish the coop, I'm kind of expecting to find them sleeping in the nest boxes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by