My cats are stoned

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
lol.png

I snipped some fresh catnip from the herb garden and brought it in this morning. They are wallowing around on it, drooling. HA! For some reason the dry catnip does nothing to them. This fresh stuff though mellows them right out. HeHe!

Duuuuuuuddddddeeeee....

LOL, mine do the same. Giddy cats are pretty funny!

I have one old man cat who goes giddy if I have even brushed by the plant while outside- he turns into velcro on my pant's leg.

Quote:
I grow catnip just to be able to provide my cats some special, silly time. Oddly enough, the chickens have NOT decimated that potted plant!

I'll just crush one leaf and toss it on the tiled kitchen floor. Big ol' Himalayan scooting around with the leaf under a paw, or rolling over on it as if it were a whole bunch of Great Stuff. Cracks me up.

I gave him some last night for actually catching the smallest mouse I have ever seen in my life (that wasn't a pinkie). The mouse was a whopping inch big, not counting the inch-and-a-half tail.

He zoned out after his treat. I wouldn't ever buy dried catnip again; the fresh stuff is so much better.

lol.png

I wasn't thinking yesterday when I came back in from weeding. I was weeding in the herb beds and must have brushed up against the catnip. The cats were plastered up against me sniffing like crazy. Silly kitties.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom