My chick is dying.

RebeckaK

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
She was perfectly normal just two hours ago. She was chirping and running around. I went out for lunch and when I came back she was just lying there. She is breathing but has no movement other than the occasional opening of her beak.

Is there anything at all that I can do?

Keep her warm and dry and try to give her some fluids. Maybe she got hurt by one of the others. Is there a chance her neck is broken?? So sorry...
sad.png

My chick was doing the same thing a couple of weeks ago...she was all perky and then suddenly she was just laying there, breathing with her beak open. I just kept my eye on her and made sure she had plenty of water. The next day she was fine...I still don't know why she did that...the others were fine. Good luck, I hope she's okay!
smile.png

Oh, this is Paris..

What feed have you switched her too? Do you think the plaster is stopping her up? Has she been warm enough? That little chick has had a rough start
hugs.gif

I'd keep her warm and make sure she's drinking. How long has it been since the last time she had the plaster? Has she been having regular bowel movements?

flooring was cardboard and newspaper. i think she was a couple weeks old. She was lying at a spot I had blocked off because she was escaping so it is possible she was bashing into trying to get out.

It is definitely not sleepiness. There aren't any other chicks, she is the only one.

I can't believe how fast she went from perfectly normal to almost dead. I have her wrapped up on my lap, and hand fed her a few drops of water. She opened her beak to accept it, but I don;t think the water was swallowed, I think most or all of it dribbled out the side of the beak.

She seems to be breathing much slower. Poor baby.

Quote:
It's been 24 hours and her bowel movement have been regular and plentiful.

Back
Top Bottom