My chickapeas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chelseajgoss, Sep 20, 2016.

1. chelseajgoss

chelseajgoss Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2016
    Tucson, AZ
    I have no clue why thats what we call them, chickapeas. My boyfriend came up with it. Anyways. I love the website, ive been scoping it out for a few weeks for answers to my questions. But just signed up. I love it! Its kind of like facebook for chickens!
    Ive had chickens since i was young. 12 maybe? Anyways. I moved out of my moms house, and was diagnosed with a chronic illness. So i cant actually go to work, so i decided i would get some chickens and make some money on eggs. So i went and picked up 12 hens and a rooster. The roo and 2 of my girls are BCM. I have a silver laced wyandotte (lacey), a golden cuckoo maran (maranda), sagitta (fajita), 6 golden comets( they look too much alike to name) and then an amber white (amber). Great chickens, we are working on extending their run.

Thanks in advance for all the cool stuff I am going to learn on the site!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, chelseajgoss, and :welcome. Great to have you with us! Sounds like some beautiful birds you have! Best of luck with your egg business and enjoy BYC! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! We have chickapeas here too :clap Always my other half who calls them that too. Even though he pretends to not like chickens really! I've caught him often enough though chatting to them. You have some really nice breeds there, I have an Amber too called Ginny. She's my oldest bird at the moment at about 4 years.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy BYC :frow

4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard chickens!! I hope you enjoy it and the camaraderie here and everybody that goes nuts over chickens (me being one of them....) Have fun! And ask questions! I am not sure how much your illness has limited you, but breeding chickens would probably be a great hobby if you are physically capable! You already have some great breeds that you could start off with!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    My first thought was you had chicks and peafowl- well maybe someday ? Glad you joined the BYC flock [​IMG]

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by