My chicken can stand but not walk

After looking at what you sent, I'm leaning toward peritonitis. This is so unfortunate. She such a sweet girl.
Thank you so much for all of your help though. I really appreciate it

I'm sorry.

I wish I had better answers. Antibiotics seem to have little effect in treatment. Make her comfortable and if she seems to be suffering you may want to consider culling. A vet could help you diagnose her, just in case it's something else.

I've checked her feet and they look fine. I've felt her abdomen too and it feels normal too??? I'm puzzled

Sometimes it can feel normal if they have an internal laying/reproductive disorder. While this could be the problem there are many other things it could be.
Even though she was vaccinated for Marek's, it's possible that could be the problem.

Without testing, xrays, diagnostics, or necropsy, there really is no way to tell what is the cause of her illness.

Update on my girl
We had to put her to sleep today. Bless her heart she tried and I tried to help her, but she was just slowly getting worse. She doesn't have to suffer anymore though.
Thank you everyone for all your help and suggestions. I feel like we've done all we could do for her.

I'm so sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

You did a good job in giving her comfort and care.

Back
Top Bottom