My chicken couldn't stand up 2 weeks ago but now she can. Is she ok?

That's great! Were you able to find the nutri drench and antibiotics ok or did you try something else? My Ellie was out in the yard with me yesterday and she was literally running behind me. She is doing so well. It's amazing how they bond with you after you nurse them back to health, pretty cool really! Glad to hear your girl is on the road to recovery! Keep us posted!
thumbsup.gif

I had a smilar problem. Check out this thread : https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=10

Here
is the food mixture we used:

Sick Chicken High Vitamin Food

½ cooked egg yolk… crumbled into mixture
2 soft gels of cod liver oil punctured and squeezed into mix
1 very small drizzle of honey
1 heaping tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons rolled oats
1 dab beef pate' cat food…… Not dog food
1/2 capsule of a good multi-vitamin
1/4 crushed B12
1/2 dry E capsule - every other day as this stays in the system longer
1 tablespoons of grated apple
1 thin slice banana
2 crushed blueberries
1 teaspoon hemp seed
1/2 teaspoon crushed raw sunflower seed
1/2 teaspoon ground flax seed
1/8 teaspoon chia seed

Mix to make a crumble mixture not runny, if you have to roll into pellets and force feed, and then gently massage the neck in a downward motion to get it down into the crop, then do it, the bird may be too weak to eat or have lost the desire to eat…

We mixed a fresh batch each morning. She also received lots of "Save a Chick" vitamin enriched water. We got the vitamin mix in small packs from TSC. Simple and effective.

sad.png
I am sorry to tell you all that little Ophie has taken a turn for the worse and has gone to Chicken Paradise. she was the "people" chicken, my little favorite. she trusted me to do what was best for her always. I wish I'd joined BYC sooner and learned in time how to save her. thanks to all of you who gave me insight on how to bring her back from the brink. People will think I'm a crazy chicken lady, but I buried her iin the front yard and have a pink tile placard for her.

Back
Top Bottom