My chicken got caught in a glue rat trap

Vegetable oil works well; I used this once to get a wren out of a glue trap someone brought to me and was able to save a lot of its feathers. You can also try dawn diluted in water and gently try to massage the feathers clean - dawn is what they use for birds affected by oil spills.

Vegetable oil works well; I used this once to get a wren out of a glue trap someone brought to me and was able to save a lot of its feathers. You can also try dawn diluted in water and gently try to massage the feathers clean - dawn is what they use for birds affected by oil spills.

FWIW, I used to work with a chemist who told me that if people knew what was in dish soap, like Dawn, they would freak out. I can't remember the chemical name, but I think it is an amine, which he said is very toxic. Freaked me out, but I still use the stuff; I just make sure to rinse really well.

Only guessing, orange oil is probably expensive. Also the goo gone is very thick so it sticks to the surface, that is from the petroleum products. Lots of non toxic things are petroleum distilates like vaseline and mineral oil.

The Goo Gone, though, does have a warning to not leave it on the skin, like you can with petroleum jelly and mineral oil..

Back
Top Bottom