my chicken has swollen eye with bubbling liquid

Hi Brian. Thanks or the information. I will try it today because I received Boschvelder chickens, 3 and 6 weeks old, and 3 have the symptoms.
Can you mabe help. One has a sore in the corner of the mouth and the other on his comb (or whatever you call the pink thing on his head). I am new to this and need all the help I can get.
Rona

Try putting eyedrops for redness relief on the eye. My chicken's eye swelled up and we did that. Worked wonders. Just don't let her eat it....

WE have the same or similar thing going on. A poultry expert friend diagnosed it as MG. It's a sort of respiratory condition poultry can get, mostly affecting the eyes. I don't know about the sore on the mouth though, ours don't have that, so....
We are treating it with Denagard, just got it today, so we will see. Search on here for other antibiotics you can try too.

Last edited:
hi my chicken has the same thing but her eyes are sealed shut so me and my family put warm salt water on her eyes and face
hope your chook gets better

I started seeing eye bubble after I put diatomaceousdirt out in the hens yard and coop. I have not lost anyone due to this. I do garlic andapple cider vinegar and also vitamins and minerals in their water. Any suggestions on what to doto help naturally?

Any Opinions on this young rooster. He's a 19 week old BLRW. 7 days ago it started as a little mucas from his tear duct. I isolated him and started him on aureomycin at 1 TBS to a gallon For the last week, its only gotten worse. I picked up Tylan 50 and have ordered. Ciloxan Eye Drops from the First State Vet Supply. Today my husband sent me this pic....this happened over night. I plan on cleaning with a cu tip tonight with saline, then taking him off the Aureomycin and starting him on an oral dose of the Tylan (I don't have any needles small enough for him) and I will swab his eyes till clean then apply Neosporin to the eye.

Any recommendations or correction in my plans....this is my first go around with a bad eye like this. It may be pox or something else, he is the only one of 133 showing any signs of sickness. It could be injury as there is no nasal discharge, and his throat is clear... There were no bumps until today...this happened overnight...He was fine last night with only discharge. This was at 342pm today 11-27-2014

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom