My chicken is acting lethargic, not sure why. Any ideas? :(

Skywarita

Songster
5 Years
Jul 14, 2018
Portugal
Hello everyone :)

I have two chickens, and one chicken has been acting a bit lethargic. She is around 5 years old, she is very strong built but has been acting off. A few days ago, we noticed she was attacked by some animal. Her comb was scratched bloody, her coop had blood in the wall and she started sleeping somewhere else. She was clearly traumatized and we never had issues with wild animals, I suppose its a stray cat because I live in the city center. They also haven't been laying eggs.

Fast forward to now, her comb is down, she prefers to stay in the shadow and is not as active as before. She enjoys roaming around but not too much. Her poop looks normal too, however the other chicken did a weird poo that was normal and under there was a cooked yolk-looking piece...

I am planning to deworm her again since we didn't do it for a while and hoping for the best. Is she just traumatized or is she sick? Thank you in advance 🥰

Hi there, what breed is she? What's her diet? Did you check her all over to make sure they are not injuries that are going septic?
5 years is when henopause happens.
The other one, if you're sure it's her. Had a lash egg, she has a reproductive infection.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/what-is-a-lash-egg-all-you-need-to-know-more.77939/
Hello! She has no breed that I know of, I am portuguese so we call her breed "pedrĂŞs careca", I'm not sure its an official breed. She might be going through menopause then... However, her poop (I just re-checked) seems to be a bit yellow/greenish and her bottom has some poop streaks that look a bit cream ish color. I am not sure what to make of this

Oh no... It might be that indeed, but it was smaller and less noticeable

Thank you so much for your input!! :) Greetings

Edit: She has no body wounds, they eat leftovers (veggies, egg shells, sometimes some proteins) and dry corn feed

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom