My chicken is choking on something pls help

Update: she is now almost throwing up. the stuff is yellow but she is trying to swallow the gunk back down
Sounds like canker.
Get some help like @HeatherKellyB suggested and try to get hold of the gunk to pry it out and get it analyzed to be sure what you are dealing with and how to treat it.

Then get Metronidazole for proper treatment in case it is trichomonosis.

Last edited:
Update:
I got up this morning and went straight to the chickens I picked sally up felt her throat and couldn't find the lump I also felt her crop and it was hard instead of squashy it wasn't intirly full there was some food in there. I think she vomited out or swallowed what was in her throat last night but I believe it is a miracle from heaven because I thought she was seriously going to die yesterday:yesss::wee:woot

P.s I am definitely not an expert but the stuff she vomited up doesn't look like canker it was more watery than that

Pp.s her face is rather hot much hotter than the other chickens (I noticed this yesterday while I was taking the videos but I forgot to mention that)

I got up this morning and went straight to the chickens I picked sally up felt her throat and couldn't find the lump I also felt her crop and it was hard instead of squashy it wasn't intirly full there was some food in there.
It's good that the lump is gone, but if her crop had not emptied and it was hard, then you will still want to address the crop problem. Consult the article linked previously for how to treat that.

It's good that the lump is gone, but if her crop had not emptied and it was hard, then you will still want to address the crop problem. Consult the article linked previously for how to treat that.
I only got up at about 8 and she had eaten the egg I gave her the night before

I meant to reply to this before the holidays but they just came upon me so fast and the next thing I knew I was camping

But before I went camping I had been praying over her and one morning I woke up and the was no lump and no sour crop she was perfectly fine like nothing had ever gone wrong when we came back from camping she was still happy and that is how she is today hopefully she doesn't get sick again but I am going to declare this a miracle!
:woot:bun:jumpy:yesss::highfive::bun

I meant to reply to this before the holidays but they just came upon me so fast and the next thing I knew I was camping

But before I went camping I had been praying over her and one morning I woke up and the was no lump and no sour crop she was perfectly fine like nothing had ever gone wrong when we came back from camping she was still happy and that is how she is today hopefully she doesn't get sick again but I am going to declare this a miracle!
:woot:bun:jumpy:yesss::highfive::bun
Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear she's doing well:)

Back
Top Bottom