My Chicken is nothing but Bones!

Thorn07

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2022
One of my avian animals have recently stopped moving around. She is still laying eggs (I think) but she is always huddled in the coop. She won't drink or eat, and she is constantly leaking from her vent. At first I thought she was okay, maybe sick, so I picked her up to give her some VETRX. Underneath all the feathers though, she is nothing but bones. No muscle, no fat, nothing. What do I do? I don't think she's going to survive another day...

Vet rx is just a placebo, it doesn't do anything. How old is it, what do you feed it and have you wormed them at all.
She is 4 years old, I feed them Pellets and Cracked Corn from PURINA, and no, I have not wormed them. (Quite frankly I don't know what that is 😬)

She is 4 years old, I feed them Pellets and Cracked Corn from PURINA, and no, I have not wormed them. (Quite frankly I don't know what that is 😬)
Ok, She might need a higher protein feed like the flock raiser from Purina. Worming, or De Worming actually is giving her some ususllt goat de wormer to flush out parasites from her system that are absorbing the nutrition from what she's eating instead of her. Does her poop have anything that looks like rice or worm pieces?

Ok, She might need a higher protein feed like the flock raiser from Purina. Worming, or De Worming actually is giving her some ususllt goat de wormer to flush out parasites from her system that are absorbing the nutrition from what she's eating instead of her. Does her poop have anything that looks like rice or worm pieces?
No, she doesn't have feces like that, and okay! I will go see what I can do about the food. I read online somewhere that ivermectin gets rid of parasites, will that work for deworming?

No, she doesn't have feces like that, and okay! I will go see what I can do about the food. I read online somewhere that ivermectin gets rid of parasites, will that work for deworming?
I'm not sure, I've never tried it. Most people use goat dewormer and does by the pound. It could be her crop, or another issue. What's her crop feel like? Flat? Doughy, squishy?

Hi! I'm sorry it has taken so long to reply. She died about two or three weeks ago. I appreciate you helping me and wish you a good day.

Back
Top Bottom