My chicken is really rubbish at eating and very underweight!

I’ve been tube feeding her using the chick crumbs soaked in probiotic water. She has also been eating some layer pellets, scrambled egg, meal meals and blueberries herself.
The nutridrops arrived Sunday and she has had those each day.
However, she still hasn’t put on any weight! I weighed her today and still 1.5kg.
She is still not able to stand up or walk. Her leg seems slightly stronger and I’m supporting her to use it (forcing her mostly) to make scratching movements and weight bare. She is able to use her toes to grip my finger. I’ve seen her lift her rear using both legs, but she does not seem able to lift the front of her body too. She still falls onto her side almost instantly.

I’ve had a look across the forum and there isn’t a huge amount of info on recovery times for chickens who can’t walk after illness.

It’s been five weeks so far.
I'm sorry to hear she is not improving.
For me 5 weeks is a long time.
You can try placing her in a sling several times a day to see if that makes a difference.

She is in a sling! She has been day times for about two weeks. I take her out at night and put her in a tray with raised sides and a warm hot water bottle over night.

Back
Top Bottom