My chicken is rolling the other eggs around. HELP?

skyskystecker

Hatching
Dec 22, 2015
ok I have one chicken that hatched and it is running around and making all the other eggs roll and I don't think its safe. but I don't wanna open the incubator and take him our because I have a pip on another egg. What do I do?

You'll typically get mixed results when you ask this type of question. Some will say that the eggs will be fine and not to open the incubator until all the eggs have hatched, under any circumstances. Others will say to take the chick out because the soccer game happening in the 'bator will mess with the eggs. I guess I don't really fall into either of those groups anymore, though I've been on both sides. I've experienced opening the incubator and shrink wrapping my chicks. I've left them alone to have a pipped egg get kicked around, glued to the floor and die. My opinion is there are no set rules, no definitely don't do this and do that.
Anyway, if your humidity is in a good place, crack the lid, take it out and give yourself a little piece of mind. The humidity will dip a little, but it should rebound into an acceptable range. Or, leave them be and see what happens, most likely the eggs will be fine (they usually are).

I'm not much help, I suppose, and I guess my real advice is to take a step back, consider the situation and do what you think is best.
Good luck :)

I don't think that it hurts the ones in the eggs to be rolling around, because that happens when you hatch eggs with a hen. It's been that way for many years. But if you don't feel like it's good for them then you can put the chicks in the brooder if you like. :)

Back
Top Bottom