My chicken just died! update about the other chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kookykate328, Dec 26, 2011.

1. kookykate328

kookykate328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    I had a 6 month old coocoomaran and we checked on her this morning and she was died. [​IMG] there were no signs of attack or injury.does anyone have any Idea why she may have died? And also my golden laced wynadotte is acting strange and lethargic. Please help!
    Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  2. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    My RIR did the same thing!! Sorry for your loss [​IMG]

3. happytraylz

happytraylz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Aww, sorry to hear of your loss. [​IMG] is your other bird eating and drinking? Any other symptoms than lethargy?

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    So sorry... [​IMG] Sometimes it happens. Last week I found my favorite RIR 11 month old cockerel dead on the floor of his coop. When I went out to check on the birds the night before he was fine. No signs of illness or trauma. Maybe a heart attack.

5. kookykate328

Jun 25, 2011
    ok so we have no explanation for the dead chicken but the injured one has these symptoms: alert but weak, refuses to stand, lies in the nesting box immobile. Please help or give me a n explanation.

6. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    Im sorry I don't have an answer for you but I'll bump you up to the top! [​IMG]

7. kookykate328

Jun 25, 2011

8. stewie's mom

stewie's mom Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2009
    Hi, I don't know what's wrong but i don't think it would hurt to give her water with a little syringe if you can so she doesn't become dehydrated....just a thought....hope she gets better

9. BamaSilkies

BamaSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2011
    NE Alabama
    How did the injured chicken get injured.? fall or something? Feel and see if she is skinny. I would bring her in and put in a dog crate and give her some vitamins like Sav-a-chick or poly-visol without iron and some treats like oatmeal, yogurt, cooked eggs.

10. kookykate328

Jun 25, 2011
    thanks everyone, and if she is injuried because of a fall or something else we are unaware of that right now. we are think it could be from the weather going from cold to warm to cold to warm so quickly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by