My chicken just died! update about the other chicken

kookykate328

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
I had a 6 month old coocoomaran and we checked on her this morning and she was died.
sad.png
there were no signs of attack or injury.does anyone have any Idea why she may have died? And also my golden laced wynadotte is acting strange and lethargic. Please help!
Thank you!

Last edited:
So sorry...
tissue.gif
Sometimes it happens. Last week I found my favorite RIR 11 month old cockerel dead on the floor of his coop. When I went out to check on the birds the night before he was fine. No signs of illness or trauma. Maybe a heart attack.

ok so we have no explanation for the dead chicken but the injured one has these symptoms: alert but weak, refuses to stand, lies in the nesting box immobile. Please help or give me a n explanation.

Hi, I don't know what's wrong but i don't think it would hurt to give her water with a little syringe if you can so she doesn't become dehydrated....just a thought....hope she gets better

How did the injured chicken get injured.? fall or something? Feel and see if she is skinny. I would bring her in and put in a dog crate and give her some vitamins like Sav-a-chick or poly-visol without iron and some treats like oatmeal, yogurt, cooked eggs.

thanks everyone, and if she is injuried because of a fall or something else we are unaware of that right now. we are think it could be from the weather going from cold to warm to cold to warm so quickly.

Back
Top Bottom