My chicken keeps falling over

Hi guys I'm new to this bit was wondering if you could help me. I have a little bantam chicken called starlight but she keeps on falling over and has runny poos she's unstable on grass and sometimes the wind can nock her over."

My chicken did the same thing and the next evening I found her dead. :( I wish I had realized what was happening to her so that I could've at least tried to save her. But I did not realize she was sick until she was gone. Good luck!

Turkenstein25pizapw1421370913.jpg

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Hi My 4 month old hen had this condition. Started off falling over and not being able to right herself. When put back on her feet she toddled off, very wobbly. Then if unbalanced , fallon her side and not able to right herself again. She was eating and drinking well and looked alert. Vet charged me $70 to tell me she had hurt her leg!!!? After several days my hen became worse and could not stand. I rang an expert (President of local poultry Club) and was told it was Mareks Disease. Mareks affects the nerve endings I was told. No cure , sadly.
Posted this as I could not find any answers anywhere.

Yeah we have the same problem our chicken lucky has been falling over she looks like she has no energy and always has her eyes closed please help me

Back
Top Bottom